The new Bulgari flagship store in Rome, Italy commemorates the brand’s 130 year anniversary with the renovation of an outlet on the Via dei Condotti which was designed by the American architect Peter Marino on one of the most fashionable streets in the city.
The original store was opened in 1905 by Bulgari and his two sons so the designer tried to bring out the historic significance of the store while offering a contemporary backdrop for the elegant jewelries. The store is located in a structure which was created in the 1930s by the architect Florestano Di Fausto and the exterior was restored to maintain the original look.
The interior integrates more modern elements to increase its functionality, with the entrance having the shape of an elliptical vestibule with a staircase made of Pavonazzetto marble with geometric bronze lattice work inspired by the floor of the Pantheon in which an eight pointed star motif was also added.
The parquet floor and display cases were preserved in the two galleries and the Taylor room, where the famous actress met with Gianni Bulgari, was transformed into a private haven through the use of sliding doors.